I am currently a Peter O'Donnell, Jr. Postdoctoral Fellow at ICES, University of Texas at Austin. My mentor is Prof. Irene M. Gamba.
I received my Ph.D in Mathematics at University of Wisconsin-Madison (2012-2017), under the supervision of Prof. Shi Jin. I got the Bachelor degree in Applied and Computational Mathematics at Hong Kong Baptist University.
Contact email: email@example.com
1. Shi Jin, Liu Liu, An Asymptotic-Preserving Stochastic Galerkin Method for the Semiconductor Boltzmann Equation with Random Inputs and Diffusive Scalings, SIAM Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, Vol 15, 157-183, 2017.
2. Zheng Chen, Liu Liu, Lin Mu, DG-IMEX Stochastic Galerkin schemes for Linear Transport Equation with Random Inputs and Diffusive Scalings, Special Issue in Honor of the 60th Birthday of Chi Wang Shu, Journal of Scientific Computing, Vol 73, Issue 2-3, 566-592, 2017.
3. Nicolas Crouseilles, Shi Jin, Liu Liu, Mohammed Lemou, Nonlinear Geometric Optics Based Multiscale Stochastic Galerkin Methods for Highly Oscillatory Transport Equations with Random Inputs, submitted, 2017.
4. Liu Liu, Uniform Spectral Convergence of the Stochastic Galerkin Method for the Linear Semiconductor Boltzmann Equation with Random Inputs and Diffusive Scalings, Kinetic and Related Models-AIMS, accepted, to appear.
5. Liu Liu, Shi Jin, Hypocoercivity based Sensitivity Analysis and Spectral Convergence of the Stochastic Galerkin Approximation to Collisional Kinetic Equations with Multiple Scales and Random Inputs, SIAM Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, accepted, to appear.
1. John Nohel Prize in Applied Mathematics, UW-Madison, 2016
2. SIAM Travel Award, 2016
3. Ernest Brown Skinner Travel Award, UW-Madison, 2016
4. Peter O'Donnell, Jr. Fellowship, ICES, UT-Austin, 2017
5. Early Career Travel Award for SIAM-UQ, 2018