I am currently a second-year Peter O' Donnell, Jr. Postdoctoral Fellow at ICES, University of Texas at Austin. My mentor is Prof. Irene M. Gamba.
I received my Ph.D in Mathematics at University of Wisconsin-Madison (2012--2017), under the supervision of Prof. Shi Jin. I got the Bachelor degree in Applied and Computational Mathematics at Hong Kong Baptist University.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Journals Publications and Preprints
1. Shi Jin, Liu Liu, An Asymptotic-Preserving Stochastic Galerkin Method for the Semiconductor Boltzmann Equation with Random Inputs and Diffusive Scalings, SIAM Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, 15 (1), 157-183, 2017.
2. Zheng Chen, Liu Liu, Lin Mu, DG-IMEX Stochastic Galerkin Schemes for Linear Transport Equation with Random Inputs and Diffusive Scalings, Special Issue in Honor of the 60th Birthday of Chi Wang Shu, Journal of Scientific Computing, 73 (2), 566-592, 2017.
3. Liu Liu, Uniform Spectral Convergence of the Stochastic Galerkin Method for the Linear Semiconductor Boltzmann Equation with Random Inputs and Diffusive Scalings, Kinetic and Related Models, 11 (5), 1139-1156, 2018.
4. Liu Liu, Shi Jin, Hypocoercivity based Sensitivity Analysis and Spectral Convergence of the Stochastic Galerkin Approximation to Collisional Kinetic Equations with Multiple Scales and Random Inputs, SIAM Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, 16 (3), 1085-1114, 2018.
5. Liu Liu, A Stochastic Asymptotic-preserving Scheme for the Bipolar Semiconductor Boltzmann-Poisson System with Random Inputs and Diffusive Scalings, Journal of Computational Physics, to appear, 2018.
6. Nicolas Crouseilles, Shi Jin, Liu Liu, Mohammed Lemou, Nonlinear Geometric Optics Based Multiscale Stochastic Galerkin Methods for Highly Oscillatory Transport Equations with Random Inputs, submitted, 2018.
7. Irene M. Gamba, Shi Jin, Liu Liu, Micro-macro Decomposition based Asymptotic-preserving Numerical Schemes and Numerical Moment Conservations for Collisional Nonlinear Kinetic Equations, submitted, 2018.
8. Liu Liu, Marlies Pirner, Hypocoercivity for a BGK Model for Gas Mixtures, submitted, 2018.
9. Irene M. Gamba, Shi Jin, Liu Liu, Asymptotic-preserving Schemes for Two-species Binary Collisional Kinetic System with Disparate Masses I: Time Discretization and Asymptotic Analysis, submitted, 2018.
10. Esther S. Daus, Shi Jin, Liu Liu, Spectral Convergence of the Stochastic Galerkin Approximation to the Boltzmann Equation with Multiple Scales and Large Random Perturbation in the Collision Kernel, submitted, 2018.
11. Shi Jin, Liu Liu, Giovanni Russo, Zhennan Zhou, Gaussian Wave Packet Transform based Numerical Scheme for the Semiclassical Schrödinger Equation with Random Inputs, in preparation, 2018.12. Irene M. Gamba, Liu Liu, José A. Morales, The Boltzmann-Poisson Transport Equation with Mixed Reflection Condition on Uncertain Rough Boundary, in preparation, 2018.
1. AMS-Simons Travel Grant, 2018
2. Early Career Travel Award for SIAM-UQ, 2018
3. Peter O'Donnell, Jr. Fellowship, ICES, UT-Austin, 2017-2019
4. John Nohel Prize in Applied Mathematics, UW-Madison, 2016
5. Ernest Brown Skinner Travel Award, UW-Madison, 2016
6. SIAM Travel Award, 2016