Referred Journal Publications
- Daniel W. Burleson, Hanadi S. Rifai, Clint N. Dawson, Jennifer Proft and Phil B. Bedient,
“Vulnerability of an Industrial Corridor in Texas to Storm Surge”, ASCE Natural Hazards Review, in review.
- Antonia Sebastian, Jennifer Proft, J Casey Dietrich, Wei Du, Philip B. Bedient, and Clint Dawson,
"Characterizing hurricane storm surge behavior in Galveston Bay Using the SWAN+ADCIRC Model", Coastal Engineering 88, 171-181, 2014.
- JC Dietrich, CN Dawson, JM Proft, MT Howard, G Wells, JG Fleming, RA Luettich Jr, JJ Westerink, Z Cobell, M Vitse, H Lander, BO Blanton, CM Szpilka, JH Atkinson,
"Real-Time Forecasting and Visualization of Hurricane Waves and Storm Surge using SWAN+ADCIRC and FigureGen", Computational Challenges in the Geosciences Series: The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications, Vol. 156, 2013.
- J.C. Dietrich, P.-E. Allier, L.H. Holthuijsen, N. Booij, M. Zijlema, J.D. Meixner, J. Proft, C.N. Dawson, C.J. Bender, A. Naimaster, J.M. Smith, J.J. Westerink, "Limiters for Spectral Propagation Velocities in SWAN", Ocean Modelling 70, 85-102, 2013.
- Vadym Aizinger, Jennifer Proft, Clint Dawson, Dharhas Pothina, Solomon Negusse, "A three-dimensional discontinuous Galerkin model applied to the baroclinic simulation of Corpus Christi Bay", Ocean Dynamics, 63 (1), 89-113, 2013.
- Clint Dawson and Jennifer Proft, "Predicting Storm Surge", in Lessons from Hurricane Ike, Philip B. Bedient Ed., Texas A&M University Press, 2012.
- Yingda Cheng, Irene M. Gamba, Jennifer Proft, "Positivity-preserving discontinuous Galerkin schemes for linear Vlasov-Boltzmann transport equations", Math. Comp., 81 (2012), pp. 153-190.
- CN Dawson, J Proft, V Aizinger, "UTBEST3D hydrodynamic model verification of Corpus Christi Bay", UT Austin Report, 2011.
- Jennifer Proft and Beatrice Riviere, "Discontinuous Galerkin Methods for Convection-Diffusion Equations for Varying and Vanishing Diffusivity", Int. Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling, 6 (2009) no. 4, pp 533-561.
- Jennifer Proft and Beatrice Riviere, "Analytical and numerical study of diffusive fluxes for transport equations with near-degenerate coefficients", Univ of Pittsburg report.
- A. Ern and J. Proft, "Multi-algorithmic methods for coupled hyperbolic-parabolic problems", International Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling, 3 (2005) no. 1, pp 94-114.
- A. Ern and J. Proft, "A posteriori discontinuous Galerkin error estimates for transient convection-diffusion equations," Applied Mathematics Letters, 18 (2005), no. 7, pp. 833-841. online
- J.-P. Croisille, A. Ern, T. Lelievre, and J. Proft, "Analysis and simulation of a coupled hyperbolic/parabolic model problem", Journal of Numerical Mathematics, 13 (2005) no. 2, pp 81-103.
- C.N. Dawson and J. Proft, "Coupled discontinuous and continuous Galerkin finite element methods for the depth-integrated shallow water equations," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 193:3-5 (2004), pp. 289-318. online
- C.N. Dawson and J. Proft, "Discontinuous/continuous Galerkin methods for coupling the primitive and wave continuity equations of shallow water," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 192:47-48 (2003), pp. 5123-5145. online
- C.N. Dawson and J. Proft, "Discontinuous and coupled continuous/discontinuous Galerkin methods for the shallow water equations," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 191:41-42 (2002), pp. 4721-4746. online
- C.N. Dawson and J. Proft, "Coupling of continuous and discontinuous Galerkin methods for transport problems," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 191:29-30 (2002), pp. 3213-3231. online
- C.N. Dawson and J. Proft, "A priori error estimates for interior penalty versions of local discontinuous Galerkin methods applied to transport equations," Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations 17 (2001), no. 6, 545--564. online
- C. Dawson, J. Westerink, E. Kubatko, J. Proft, C. Mirabito, "Parallel Finite Element Models for Hurricane Storm Surges," Proceedings of the Teragrid '08 Conference, Las Vegas, NV, June 9-13, 2008.